Thursday, October 27, 2011

Senator Byrd's 13th lecture on Rome.


"I thought we were a nation of laws and that our country was governed by our Constitution. And as I have been around my district and the country this year, there’s more of an interest in our founding principles than at any time in my political career. And when you talk about the founding principles, you realize that Article I gives the Congress of the United States the power of the purse and that the president has powers under Article II, and this idea that you are just going to go around the Congress is just, it’s almost laughable. And so we are keeping a very close eye on the administration to make sure they are following the law and following the Constitution," House Speaker John Boehner told the Laura Ingraham radio program this morning.

Oh that's right, here. Last night.

On page 172.

SPQR


No comments: